Wednesday, February 15, 2017

White Sweater And Blanket Scarf

Happy hump day!! Thank God this week is halfway over already. I don't know about you but for me this has been one long hard week and I'm so ready for it to be over. Besides, I have a lot of awesome stuff planned for the weekend and I'm ready to get to it. Friday I'm taking my beautiful mom out to lunch for her 62nd Birthday, then that night my sweetie and I have plans for dinner with another couple, and on Saturday I have a lunch date with a good friend of mine. I really can't wait to get this weekend started so I'll kick off this hump day right by sharing with you my OOTW. For this week I chose to wear an adorable sweater and blanket scarf combo that is super adorable and I know you'll love it as much as I do. So, where did I find this sweater and where can you snag one for yourself?


The Sweater
I'm normally not a huge fan of the color white simply because I'm a klutz and I always end up spilling something on myself and then I end up having to walk around the rest of the day with a big ugly stain on my outfit LOL but I decided to give this white sweater a shot since I knew I could easily pair it with a scarf of some kind. I found this sweater while on a recent shopping trip to Walmart with my mom and I thought it was so bright and pretty that I had to have it. At less than $10 I knew it would be a good buy even if I did end up staining it :) Unfortunately this sweater is no longer available online but you may still find one on clearance at your local store. I linked a similar one below. Now that I had a cute neutral colored sweater I was on the hunt for a scarf and some boots to complete the outfit idea I had in my head...so how did I end up styling this sweater and how can you change it up to match your style?


My Style
I knew I wanted a scarf so I went to my local Burke's Outlet store where I spotted this gorgeous blanket scarf for only $10! I love this scarf!! The color is so pretty and it's so big and comfy even though I did have a bit of fun trying to figure out how I wanted to wear it LOL. I ended up making a triangle out of the fabric and wrapping the ends around the back of my neck (Pinterest)...it worked great even though the front came down just a little too far in my opinion. Oh well, I was warm and cozy and that's all that mattered :) I decided to pair this sweater/scarf combo with my awesome skinny jeggings from Hollister and these amazing tan knee high boots from Burke's Outlet that my mom got me for Christmas! I love the way this outfit turned out and I can't wait until I get to wear it again! To make this a more casual outfit you could wear a cute pair of white Converse sneakers instead and skip the scarf altogether. If you love scarves like I do then you can choose just about any color and pattern you want and it would look great with this white sweater. If you want to have the dressy look without heels then you can wear a cute pair of flat riding boots or even a nice pair of ballet flats. One of the best things about having a white sweater is the possibilities are endless :) 



Shop This Look: Sweater *similar/ Scarf *similar/ Jeans / Boots *similar


Isn't this sweater adorable? Do you like how I styled it? How would you style it differently? I'd love to hear from you so leave me a comment and let me know what you think. Be sure to spread the love by sharing this post with all your friends who would love this sweater as much as I do. I hope you have an amazing week and happy shopping :)

Goodbye for now...Fashionable Tigress

Let's be friends! Follow me on social media:

No comments:

Post a Comment