Sunday, December 20, 2015

My Fall and Winter outfits 4


 Outfit: 1
Outfit: 1
It was the last weekend before Christmas and I had some last minute shopping to do. Seeing as we had a cold front come through and it was a bit more chilly than normal, I decided to wear something warm yet stylish. Leggings are a popular article of clothing all year around but especially during the colder months. You can never go wrong with the sweater and leggings combo as long as you do not mix patterns. For this outfit I decided to make the leggings the focal point. If you have a cute pair of printed leggings it is always best to pair them with a solid colored top and shoes. I know some style magazines say it is ok to mix patterns but I could not disagree more! When there are two different patterns in one outfit the different prints end up fighting to be the center of attention and it ends up making you look sloppy and uncoordinated. Also, when picking out a top to wear with the leggings always choose a color that is in the leggings. I chose to wear a black top with matching black fur boots seeing as there is black in the leggings as well. It was a nice way of letting the bold colors in the leggings stand out. You can always opt to wear one of the brighter colors if you want. Flats can be worn with this outfit and possibly even sneakers but, boots are the best way to go with this one. I found the sweater at Old Navy on the clearance rack for only $2, the leggings are from Walmart and I only paid $8 for them, and the fur boots I bought from JustFab for $40.








Outfit: 2
Outfit: 2

One of this seasons hottest items is the open front sweater. These used to be reserved for teachers and librarians, but now everyone has at least one of these cute versatile sweaters in their closet. They come in all different patterns and colors and can be worn in many different ways to make them go from dressy to casual with the change of a pair of shoes. Just like with the leggings, you want to make sure to pair a bold patterned sweater with solid colored shoes and undershirt. Since I was running errands the day I wore this, I decided to go with the casual look. For a more dressy look this could be paired with heeled boots or even a pair of flats. I wore a neutral grey camisole for the undershirt and a pair of matching grey boots. This matches the grey that is already in the sweater but allows the bold colors to stand out and makes the sweater the focal point. The sweater I found at Ross for less than $20, the grey camisole is from Forever 21 and it was less than $5, I got the jeans from Walmart for around $15, and the fur boots are Bearpaw and I purchased them through Fingerhut for about $100. 

No comments:

Post a Comment