Sunday, December 27, 2015

My fall and winter outfits 5

Outfit: 1
Outfit: 1
I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! This was the week where everyone enjoys time with family and maybe even gets to see family and friends they have not seen in years. In my case I was meeting some of my boyfriends family for the first time. In this instance you always want to look your best but not like you are trying too hard. I am always a nervous wreck when meeting people for the first time but there is just something about a well put together outfit that builds my confidence and makes me feel like I am ready to conquer the world. It was a hot Christmas here in Texas so I could not wear the cute thick sweaters and fleece leggings that I would normally wear. Instead I opted for a thinner open front sweater and heeled boots so if I got too hot I could always take off the sweater and wear the camisole underneath. I chose a black camisole to bring out the black in the sweater and match the black boots I was wearing. If you want more color you can always wear a burgundy camisole with shoes of the same color or black shoes would go with that as well. Do not wear light grey as an undershirt! It is too much grey and you really want to highlight one of the other colors. If you can not wear heels then a nice pair of flats or riding boots would also look nice and dressy with this outfit. I would not wear sneakers with this outfit. Sneakers gives a casual vibe and the sweater is more of a dressy top so you would be sending mixed signals about which style you wanted to go with. The sweater was a present from my parents but I know they got it at Marshalls for probably less than $20, the camisole I got from Forever 21 for less than $5, the jeans I found at Walmart for about $15, and the boots I purchased online at Alloy for around $25.



Outfit: 2
Outfit: 2
There is always some down time during the holidays where you can relax at home or just invite a few close friends over to exchange gifts and have dinner. In this case you want to wear something you can feel relaxed wearing but also feel stylish. My best friend was coming over to visit and hang out for a bit so I wanted to look presentable but comfortable. I decided to go with something that had a country feel since I live in the country and it was also hot so a shirt with a thinner material and shorter sleeves was the way to go. I wore a pink undershirt to bring out the flowers in the over shirt but you can also wear olive green or brown. I would have worn pink boots if I owned any but I went with the olive green boots. You can also wear brown boots if you wear the brown undershirt with it. If you want to change up the style and go for a more rocker vibe then just pair this outfit with skinny jeans and a pair of combat boots. To girly it up a bit try a pair of pink flats. The shirt I got at Burkes Outlet for about $10, the pink undershirt I found at La'Patricia for less than $10, the jeans I purchased from Deb on sale for $20, and the boots I got from 579 for less than $20.

No comments:

Post a Comment