Friday, October 21, 2016

8 Ways To Dress For Your Favorite Fall Activities

Who's ready for Halloween? I can't believe it's less than two weeks away! If you're like me and you have to work Halloween night then you'll be celebrating a little early...like the next two weekends actually ;) So, what are your plans for Halloween and the fall season in general? This weekend I'm going to the Texas Renaissance Festival and then next weekend I'm having a bonfire/Halloween party at my house. I'm so excited for both events and I can't wait until they get here. The biggest question I always have when planning an event is what the heck am I gonna wear?? Maybe that's just the shopaholic fashionista in me coming out, but I'm sure sometimes you find yourself wondering the same thing. To help you out I've put together 8 outfits that will be perfect for all those fun fall activities that you have coming up. Each outfit represents a different activity, but you can always mix and match each one to go with your own personal style. So, what are these awesome outfit and activity ideas???


#1-Scary movie night with the girls
Who doesn't love watching scary movies? Ok so maybe they're not for everyone, but I'm sure you watch at least one during Halloween. Personally, I have a few classics that I have to watch every year including A Nightmare On Elm Street and Carrie only to name a couple. This year why not go out to a scary movie with your girlfriends. I'm sure there are a few theaters near you that will be showing some for Halloween. For this fun activity I picked the cutest black and white striped cardigan with a black undershirt and paired it with black distressed skinny jeans and black booties. I love this outfit because it's classic black and white and not too dressy but still super cute in case you happen to run into a cutie at the movies ;) Plus you'll want to dress in layers because it gets really cold in the theater. You can shop this look HERE.


#2-Fall festival
I love going to fall festivals! They are so fun and the food is always delicious...yes I go for the food mostly. LOL This year my company is hosting a family fall fun day but unfortunately it's the same day as my bonfire so I won't be able to make it. Hopefully I get to make it out to the local pumpkin patch at the very least. If I was going to the festival I'd wear something similar to this outfit. The color orange is perfect for fall so I chose a super cute orange turtleneck sweater and paired it with some cute high waisted skinny jeans, brown booties, and an adorable striped purse in beautiful fall colors. This outfit screams fall and looks really comfortable. You can shop this look HERE.


#3-Bonfire
I'm not sure if this is just a southern thing or if people in the north have these, but bonfires are one of my favorite fall activities. I'm so ready for the one I'll be hosting next weekend. I'm ready for the weenie roasting, the toasted marshmallows, and of course sitting around the fire telling stories and just enjoying the company of good friends. This outfit is very similar to what I plan to wear actually. I love oversized sweaters especially for an outdoor event on a cold night so I chose this comfy looking blue sweater and paired it with some dark blue skinny jeans and brown casual boots. I LOVE these shoes for fall and winter. My boyfriend thinks they're ugly but they are so cozy and comfy he can just get over it. LOL You can shop this look HERE.


#4-Haunted tour or scavenger hunt
I've read a couple of fellow bloggers' posts who have suggested a couples scavenger hunt for the fall and I'm totally down. If you live in a city that has haunted tours of the town then you could do that instead, but my small little town doesn't have any type of tour like this so I'll go with the scavenger hunt...if I can ever get my boyfriend to participate. LOL For this activity I'd wear an outfit like the one I chose. I love plaid for fall. This shirt is so cute and would be perfect for a day or night spent walking around town. I paired this cutie with some dark blue skinny jeans and a pair of tan boots. While I love wearing heeled booties for the fall I wouldn't wear them when I'm doing a lot of walking so these cute boots are a better choice and they look just as cute. You can shop this look HERE.


#5-Fall Party
Who has a fall party to go to? I love getting invited to parties and I really try to make each and every one especially during this time of the year. There's just something about going to a party in a comfortable sweater and hopefully getting a caramel apple that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. This year I'm throwing my own party in the form of a bonfire so I'll be dressing down, but if I were going to someone else's party I'd wear something similar to this adorable outfit. I love thick cable knit sweaters and I really wish it was cold enough here in Texas to be able to wear them more, but I would certainly wear this to an indoor fall party. I paired this beautiful ivory cable knit sweater with some skinny jeans, a pair of heeled lace up booties, and a really cute purse. I love wearing heeled booties and since I'd be at a party where I could sit down if I needed to I'd break them out :) You can shop this look HERE.


#6-Rock Concert
I chose this activity because it's one of my favorite things to do all year long but especially during the fall when the weather cools down seeing as most of the concerts I attend are outside. I'm a metal head at heart so going to see my favorite metal band is such an amazing experience. There's a type of energy in the crowd that's hard to explain unless you've ever been to one. This is probably the only thing my best friend and I have in common so it's always nice to get together with her and rock out :) I chose this outfit because it's something I'd definitely wear to a rock concert and so would my bestie. An awesome skull t-shirt is a must so I chose this black one and paired it with some black skinny jeans and black Dr. Martens. The difference between me and my bestie is I'd only wear this to the concert and she would wear this every day. LOL You can shop this look HERE.


#7-Haunted house
Haunted houses are a must for me during October and I'm actually bummed that I'm not going to make it to one this year :( I know they're not for the faint of heart, but just remember they are actors and they can't touch you. This always keeps me from getting too scared. The only time they get me is when they jump out of nowhere. That will scare the crap out of just about anyone. LOL I chose the following outfit because it resembles something I've worn to a haunted house in the past. I love this long sleeve Halloween shirt. It looks super comfortable and it's really cute. I paired it with medium blue distressed skinny jeans and some black converse sneakers. Please do NOT wear open toe shoes to a haunted house. I have made that mistake and it cost me my big toenail (I got startled and ran into the back of the guy in front of me who was wearing combat boots) so take my advice and wear a comfy pair of shoes like these cute sneakers. You can shop this look HERE.


#8-Date night
If you don't really celebrate Halloween or plan to go to any festivals or other fall activities, I'm sure you will at least have a date night. Heck, if I was off on Halloween night I'd be doing a date night with my sweetie because I'm too old to trick or treat. HAHA. Date night can be anything you want it to be but I love to eat so I'd want dinner. When my sweetie takes me out to a nice dinner I like to wear outfits that resemble this one. Black is a great color for fall because you can wear all your wonderful printed scarves with it and not have to worry about it not matching. I chose this pretty little black long sleeve dress that is perfect for fall and paired it with these amazing knee high black boots and of course a plaid blanket scarf. I am OBSESSED with scarves this year so this is the perfect outfit for my date nights to come :) You can shop this look HERE


Which of these activities would you like to do for this fall season? How would you dress for it? Would you wear the outfit I chose for your favorite activity? How would you dress differently? I'd love to hear from you so leave me a comment and let me know what you think. Be sure to spread the love and share this post with all your friends so they too will know what to wear for their upcoming fall activities. I hope you have an amazing weekend and happy shopping :)

Goodbye for now...Fashionable Tigress

Let's be friends! Follow along on social media:
   

4 comments:

  1. Love these looks!! Especially the haunted house and fall party tops! Will definitely have to get a version of the date night outfit for my 5 year anniversary with the hubs on the 29th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily😊 those tops are super cute huh?! Congratulations on your anniversary. 5 years is a long time and that's so awesome. Hope y'all have a great time ❤

      Delete
  2. I love the bonfire and fall party outfits! They look SO cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca😊 those outfits are super cute❤❤

      Delete