Friday, May 13, 2016

Wish Review - The Navy Blue Dress

We've all seen those online ads asking to check out this store or that one but have you ever actually clicked on one and bought anything? I don't usually pay attention to these ads because I'm that person who gets on the computer for only what I need and then gets back off again unless I'm doing research or getting in my social media fix for the day. I was told by a friend about an online store called Wish. I had never heard of this store before but I'm sure I had seen the ad at one point or another and overlooked it. Based on her excitement and positive reviews of the store I decided to look it up and check it out for myself. What I found was a huge online store that sells everything from clothing and shoes to hi-tech gadgets at low prices. When I say low prices I mean REALLY LOW PRICES. I was astounded! How could I have never heard of this before now?! I rushed to place my first order for a pair of the cutest earrings that cost $1 and only another dollar to ship. A pair of earrings for $2? I was hooked! Before even receiving the first item I had already ordered 7 additional items. I was so excited because now I could get some of the cutest clothes and shoes really cheap and still look like a million bucks. So now you're probably wondering what's the catch? Is there a catch at all or is this just as amazing as it appears to be? Well I'm here to tell you that in my 34 years on this earth I've discovered several different truths about life and one of the major ones is if something seems too good to be true it probably is. This is my review on the second item I received from Wish...the navy blue dress.




When I saw this dress on the Wish site I knew I had to have it. It looked so cute on the model in the picture and it was only $12 plus $4 shipping. I quickly made my purchase, happy to be getting a great deal then I received my confirmation e-mail. It was shipping from China and would take almost a month to get to me. Seriously?! There's the catch! I was a little irritated but realizing it was coming from so far away I calmed down and figured it would get to me soon enough. Luckily I got my package only a week and a half after shipment so they got some brownie points for that. As far as the dress goes it looks just like the picture but the material is super thin so be sure to wear a slip and I saw a seam that was crooked. It looks like the person who made the dress was in a really big hurry and forgot to cut off the excess fabric but it was in an unnoticeable spot so I didn't make too big a deal of this. I've heard this happens a lot when ordering from China so this is something to be prepared for when making a purchase. I was worried that the dress would be too small because I've read many different sources that state the sizes in China run smaller than US sizes but to my surprise it fit perfectly. (I ordered a small and I also wear a small in US) The only issue I had with the dress is how cheaply made it is. I could tell immediately that it wasn't made very well but for $16 I guess I can't complain too much. I decided to pair the dress with the cutest white pumps that I found at Charlotte Russe for less than $35. It never hurts to own a pair of white heels because they will always go with something. It did end up making for an awesome outfit that I wore to church so I'd say I got my moneys worth on this one.






If you'd like to give Wish a try you can download the app for free in your play store. I've included the link to the dress itself below if you would like to snag one for yourself but remember it may take awhile to get to you. I've also included a link to the shoes I'm wearing just in case you want to recreate the entire ensemble. Oh and by the way, the dress is now on sale for $10 so there's no reason not to give it a try. Since I'm now addicted to Wish there will be more reviews coming soon :)

Dress
Shoes


Have you ever gotten something in the mail that wasn't quite what you expected? Do you believe that you always get what you pay for? I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions so leave me a comment and share some of your experiences with me. Be sure to follow this blog by email and follow along via social media so you never miss out on anything I post or share. I hope you have an amazing weekend and happy shopping.

Goodbye for now...Fashionable Tigress
Facebook
Instagram
Twitter
Pinterest
         




1 comment: