Friday, December 16, 2016

Christmas Party Dress

Hey everyone and happy Friday!! I know it's kinda late but I was out shopping all morning since the stores are full of special deals right now and the shopaholic in me isn't able to pass up a good sale. LOL. And since it's Christmas time I can always gift any regretted purchases to someone on my list...or maybe someone who otherwise wouldn't get anything ;) So, are you excited that the weekend is finally here?? I know I sure am. I have so much to do before everyone comes over for my bonfire/Christmas party tomorrow night, but I wanted to share with you my dress from this years company holiday party as promised. So, what dress did I end up wearing and where can you snag one for yourself? 


The Dress
I spotted this gorgeous dress completely by accident while shopping at Walmart with my mom a few weeks back. Yes you read that right...I said WALMART!! I couldn't believe such a beautiful dress was sold there so I immediately started thinking that there must be something wrong with it. I thought maybe it was cheaply made or not as pretty on as it was on the hanger but, I'm happy to say I was wrong on both assumptions. The material is thick like a sweater but silky and hugs in just the right places and I fell in love with the fold over collar and how pretty the gold glitter and zippers look against such a vibrant red color. This dress is so pretty on and is very comfortable. The only downside is you have to be careful which underwear you decide to wear. I originally put on some lacy ones and you could actually see the lace through the dress so I switched to no-show panties and they were perfect :) I can't really complain though since the dress was very reasonably priced and I got a lot of compliments the night of the party! This would make the perfect holiday party dress for any event you have coming up and at less than $10 (it's on sale right now for $7.50) it won't break the bank. So, how did I end up styling this beauty and how can you change it up to match your style? 


My Style
Since this dress is such a bright vibrant shade of red I knew I didn't want to wear black shoes with it (even though the model on the website is wearing black heels LOL) so I decided to stick with a neutral shade. I originally wanted to wear plain nude heels, but then I remembered I had these awesome leopard print cuties that I got from L'Patricia a few years back and I knew they were the ones to wear with this dress. I wasn't sure if the leopard print would look good with red at first, but when I tried them on I was very happy with the look and feel of the whole outfit. Add some adorable gold earrings and a gold purse from Burke's Outlet and voila...perfect Christmas party outfit :) If you aren't really feeling the leopard print then you can always opt for the plain nude heels or go with a gorgeous gold glitter pair. If heels aren't your thing you can wear some cute flats instead. I wouldn't wear red shoes with this dress unless you can find the exact shade of red. You don't want your reds clashing with each other ;) I think even a cute pair of boots or booties might look quite nice as well.



Shop This Look: Dress / Heels *similar


Isn't this dress gorgeous? Do you like the leopard print heels with them? How would you style this dress differently? I'd love to hear from you so leave me a comment and let me know what you think. Be sure to spread the love and share this post with all your friends who would love this dress as much as I do. I hope you have an amazing weekend and happy shopping :)

Goodbye for now...Fashionable Tigress

Let's be friends! Follow along on social media:
  

No comments:

Post a Comment