Friday, January 20, 2017

3 Ways To Wear Green This Winter

Hey everyone and happy Friday! Who's ready for the weekend? I know I sure am! I have so much to do this weekend and so little time to get it done, but I'm ready to dive right in and make this one of my most productive weekends yet. I've been thinking all week about what I wanted to write about today and I was drawing up a blank until this morning while I was looking through my closet trying to decide what to wear. I love the color green and while I have several things in this shade I realized that I hardly ever wear it. I stood there looking at my beautiful green fur boots for a couple of minutes wondering why the heck they haven't left my closet this winter yet when it hit me...green is a hard color to match. Normally I just wear something black with green, but I don't really like the way these two shades look together...my personal opinion of course. So, I started looking at other shades and patterns that might go with the green items in my closet and I realized tan, nude, and brown are the absolute best shades to pair with green. So now comes the question...how do I style these items to make super cute outfits for winter? To help answer this question I decided to play on my Polyvore app for a bit and viola, I came up with 3 different styles using 3 different green items all while sticking with the tan/nude/brown color scheme :) 


#1-Casual
During the winter my main focus when it comes to fashion is being warm and comfortable. A simple green casual sweater is a great way to do just that which is why I chose one for this example. This sweater looks really cozy and I'd love to have this for all my shopping excursions and trips to the mall. I paired this sweater with a pair of denim skinny jeans and some brown boots. These boots are extremely casual and since they are flat will be really comfortable for any outdoor activities that you have to do this winter or indoor too if comfort is your main focus :) You can shop this look HERE.


#2-Dressy
All fashionistas love to get dressed up for a party or a night out on the town with their sweetie. Green is such a great color for a winter night out and I found this gorgeous little green dress that would be perfect for such an occasion. Yes it does have spaghetti straps, but adding a beautiful leopard faux fur coat like the one pictured would keep you super warm and add to the dressy beauty of the whole outfit. Add a pretty little pair of nude pointed toe heels and you have a great outfit for a dressy night out :) You can shop this look HERE


#3-Dressy Casual
Dressy casual is my favorite style year round but I don't always wear it during the winter. This outfit has changed my mind! This super cute green hooded jacket will keep you warm during this winter season but add a cute pair of nude heeled boots and you have just turned a simple casual outfit to dressy casual. Skinny jeans and a tan turtleneck sweater add the finishing touches to this adorable outfit and to be honest I kinda want this jacket myself :) You can shop this look HERE.


Do you have any green items in your closet that you've been wondering how you were going to wear? If so, I hope this post gave you some great ideas! If you have any style questions I'd be glad to answer them...just send me a message via Facebook or e-mail me at FashionableTigress@gmail.com. Be sure to spread the love by sharing this post with all your friends who may be struggling with those beautiful green shades as well. I hope you have an amazing weekend and happy shopping :)

Goodbye for now...Fashionable Tigress

Let's be friends! Follow me on social media:

No comments:

Post a Comment