Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Grey Sweater Dress

Happy hump day everyone! I can't believe this week is halfway over already! Where does the time go? Not that I'm complaining...I have a ton of things to do this weekend and I'm ready to get to it. I decided to take a few days off next week so I can get everything organized and I have jury duty (AGAIN) on Tuesday so I actually have a 5 day weekend which I'm extremely excited about! So, I really hope the next two nights fly by at work so I can start this much needed break. Before I get to that though I have the cutest sweater dress that I want to share with you. It's not only super soft and comfy but it's also quite warm and stylish as well. So, where did I get this awesome dress and where can you snag one for yourself?


The Dress
I found this dress while shopping with one of my friends at Burlington a few months back and I fell in love with it immediately. Burlington is a great place to find name brand items at really great prices. Of course they also sell brands that aren't so well known so be sure to dig through everything and you might just find the deal of a lifetime :) Unfortunately this beauty isn't available online so I linked a similar one below. The brand of this particular dress is Derek Heart which I've seen at several different stores including Walmart, but at less than $10 I couldn't pass it up.  The first thing that caught my attention was the color. I don't normally wear a lot of grey, but this one isn't a flat grey color. It has many different shades of grey and it's textured so it appears a lot thicker than it really is. The second thing I noticed was how soft it was. This dress is slightly plush which gives it that super soft feel and makes it super warm...perfect for the colder days of winter. The deciding factor for me was the style. I love shift dresses because they flow so perfectly and don't hug too tightly around the tummy (I love to eat so therefore I'm prone to bloating) so this dress was the perfect addition to my wardrobe. So, how did I end up styling this beauty and how can you change it up to match your style?


My Style
The day I wore this dress it was really cold outside, but I still wanted to wear a dress to church and I knew this one would keep me cozy so I decided to dress it up just a little. When I originally bought this dress I planned to wear some black UGGs and leggings with it, but I realized that was way too casual than what I wanted so I changed it to my new pair of black heeled over the knee boots from Wish that I literally got in the mail two days before wearing this outfit. These boots are amazing! I do Wish reviews from time to time here on TWW so I'm always shopping on there, but not everything is great quality. I was very happy with these cuties and for less than $15 they were a steal! They are actually on sale right now too so if you click on the link below it will take you right to them. If these boots aren't for you then you can always opt for the casual look mentioned above or you could wear some knee high flat boots instead. Also, some leggings and a cute pair of ballet flats might look great as well. Don't forget to throw on a cute scarf for some extra warmth and style and you're all set :) Just remember to pair this dress with solid colored shoes and accessories so you don't have patterns and textures fighting for attention. 



Shop This Look: Dress *similar/ Boots


Isn't this dress adorable? Do you like how I styled it? How would you style it differently? I'd love to hear from you so leave me a comment and let me know what you think. Be sure to spread the love and share this post with all your friends who would love this dress as much as I do. I hope you enjoy the rest of your week and happy shopping :) 

Goodbye for now...Fashionable Tigress

Let's be friends! Follow along on social media:

No comments:

Post a Comment