Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Red Plaid Sherpa Cardigan

Happy hump day everyone! Who's ready for the weekend already? I know I sure am! I have a hair appointment on Friday afternoon and I'm so ready for it. My hair hasn't had any love in almost 4 months...too busy with the holidays then my stylist called in sick. Oh well, it's a new year and it's going to be awesome!! Speaking of awesome, I have the absolute cutest cardigan EVER to share with you. I fell in love with this adorable cardigan the moment I saw it and I know you will love it as much as I do. So, what is this cardigan that I speak of and where can you get one for yourself?


The Cardigan
I found this cardigan totally by accident while shopping at Walmart with my mom and I knew immediately I had to have it! That's honestly usually the way it happens when I shop at Walmart. They always end up having an adorable little gem that I can't live without. LOL. The first thing that caught my eye with this beauty was of course the red plaid. I love wearing red plaid especially in the winter so this was right up my alley. Then I noticed it was sherpa lined!!! OMG I love sherpa lined stuffed. It's always so soft and warm...perfect for those cold winter days so I HAD to have this one for sure and at less than $15 it was a steal! I guess some might consider this a jacket but since it doesn't have any buttons or closures of any kind I'm considering it a cardigan ;) One piece of advice: go up at least one size from what you normally wear with this one. It can be a bit snug and I actually ended up ripping a seam on mine (easily fixable though). Unfortunately this beauty is no longer available online so I linked a similar one for you below, but there may be one still hanging on the rack at your local Walmart so be sure to go take a look. So, how did I end up styling this cutie and how can you change it up to match your style?


My Style
The day I wore this cardigan it was super cold outside and I wasn't feeling all too great so I wanted to keep the style simple and casual. I wore a basic pair of dark denim skinny jeans from Forever 21, a plain black long sleeve t-shirt from Walmart, and my super adorable black lace up fur boots from JustFab. Forever 21 is my go to for skinny jeans now since they have basic ones for less than $10 and they actually fit pretty well too for the price. Also, Walmart and Forever 21 are the best places I've found for basic solid colored tees whether long or short sleeved. I've had this one for about a year now so it might be time to replace it soon. These boots are the best ever! I loved them the moment I saw them on the JustFab website and I'm pretty sure I got them on sale (it's been a few years so I don't remember exactly). JustFab is a great place to get good quality shoes and not pay an arm and a leg for them :) If you want to style this cardigan in more of a dressy way you could always wear a cute pair of heeled boots instead of the flat ones that I'm wearing. You could also wear leggings instead of jeans for more of a seamless look but make sure to get fleece lined ones in case it's cold outside. I'm sure you will look great no matter how you end up styling this beauty ;)



Shop This Look: Cardigan *similar / T-Shirt / Jeans / Boots  *similar


Isn't this cardigan adorable? Did you like how I styled it? How would you style it differently? I'd love to hear from you so leave me a comment and let me know what you think. Be sure to spread the love and share this post with all your friends who would love this cardigan as much as I do. I hope you have an amazing week and happy shopping :)

Goodbye for now...Fashionable Tigress

Let's be friends! Follow me on social media:

  

No comments:

Post a Comment