Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Black And White Striped Swing Dress

Happy hump day!!! It's Wednesday and that means the week is already halfway over. See I told you on Monday that this week would fly by. LOL This is actually my last night of work for the week since I'm off tomorrow for my sweetie and I's 1 year anniversary so I'm ready to get this day over with and get to my three day weekend :) How has your week been so far? Need something to cheer you up? If so I have just the thing...an awesome new dress I found that I know you'll love just as much as I do!!


The Dress
I found this dress a couple of months ago while shopping at Old Navy and I'm just getting around to wearing it. Isn't it funny how that happens sometimes?! I'll buy something amazing then stick it in my closet and forget about it. It's also good in a way because I love finding new stuff when searching in my closet for something to wear. HAHA. This dress is the perfect fit!! It's a swing dress which I love because it hides any pudges or bulges you don't want to show and because it sways when I walk and makes me feel super feminine like a princess. The classic black and white stripes are great for summer and will transition well into fall with a cute black cardigan. This has probably been one of my favorite summer dresses so far because of how cute and comfortable it was to wear. You can find this dress HERE and a similar one HERE. So how did I end up styling this cutie?


My Style  
This dress is super casual which is great but I wanted to dress it up just a bit so I decided to wear my new black heels that I got on sale at Shoe Dazzle. I am in LOVE with these heels. They are probably the most comfortable heels I have worn in a long time and they just look so polished and clean which I absolutely love. The heel is wider than I normally wear so it made walking easier and the buckles on the side added to the beauty and uniqueness of the shoe. Also, they are closed toed which makes them a great shoe for that transition between summer and fall. I would definitely recommend these to anyone looking for a new pair of black heels for the upcoming fall season. If you're not really into heels you can also wear a cute pair of sandals or lace up flats. To recreate my look I've linked these shoes HERE and a similar pair HERE




Isn't this dress super cute? And how about these awesome heels?! How would you style it differently? Heels, sandals, or flats? Which would you choose? I'd love to hear from you so leave me a comment and let me know what you think. I hope you have a great hump day and happy shopping!!

Goodbye for now...Fashionable Tigress

Be sure to follow along on social media and share this post with all your friends 
Facebook
Instagram
Twitter
Pinterest

   

24 comments:

  1. Love the look for summer. A colorful statement necklace would be awesome addition to dress up for an evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks 😊 I hadn't thought of a statement necklace. I'll have to get that a try if I can find the right one. Thanks for the suggestion

      Delete
  2. I love the stripes! Such a cute dress on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that dress!! Seems like it would make a great transition into fall and winter, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you 😊 yes I guess it would work for winter too..a nice little sweater cardigan and some tights. Great idea 😃

      Delete
  4. I love the heels you paired with it! They elevate the look of the casual dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kiara😊 that's exactly what I wanted to do...make the outfit a bit more dressy. Thanks for noticing❤

      Delete
  5. I love this dress! I actually have one just like it and it's the comfiest dress I own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Luna😊 great minds think alike! I'm glad you love your dress as much as I love mine ❤❤

      Delete
  6. I love love love those shoes. Those are just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much😊 me too!!! They are my new favorite pair of heels ❤

      Delete
  7. These type of dresses are my favorite! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dress is really cute and the shoes pull the whole outfit together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cute dress on you! And you seriously have the best shoe collection ever girl! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Cara 😊 I love shoes and I buy them as often as possible. I think I have around 150 pairs if I'm not mistaken😉

      Delete
  10. Love those shoes! They go perfectly with the dress. Very flattering :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much😊 I love these shoes so much ❤

      Delete
  11. I seem to have the exact opposite problem! I buy a dress or a shirt or anything and wear it over and OVER again until I wear it out. hahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol that's how my best friend is. We are total polar opposites😆

      Delete