Friday, August 19, 2016

Transition Your Summer Clothes Into Your Fall Wardrobe Using These 4 Items You Already Own

Hey everyone and happy Friday! I'm so glad the weekend is finally here. I have so many things to get done today and the first on my list is taking my best friend's daughter shopping for school clothes. I love to shop and it doesn't even matter who I'm shopping for as long as I can help someone to look their best :) Next on the agenda is going through my summer clothing and figuring out what I'd like to keep and what I'm going to retire to someone else's closet. With fall right around the corner I have been thinking about what I want to buy for the new season and what styles I'd like to try but one of my friends made a valid point the other day. She said most people don't buy new clothes as much as I do and if there's a way to continue to wear her summer clothing during the fall she'd love to know about it. What a great idea!!! It got me to thinking and sure enough I realized we all have 4 key items that pretty much stay in our closets all the time anyway that would make transitioning between summer and fall a breeze and would save a ton of money. So what are these items and how can you make this work?


I don't think I've ever met anyone that doesn't own a blue jean jacket. If you are one of the very select few that has yet to jump on this bandwagon I suggest you do so now. This is one of the key items in my wardrobe that goes with practically everything except extremely formal attire. Do you still want to do a little night time stroll with your sweetie in the city but there's a slight chill in the air now? Throw on a blue jean jacket. You will still look super cute but now you'll stay warm ;) For my example I chose a cute floral summer dress and paired it with a blue jean jacket and a pair of cognac lace up pointed toe flats. This is a great way to get some extra wear out of that awesome summer dress that you love before having to pack it away for winter. I've linked some cute blue jean jackets HERE for you. 


I love wearing leggings during the fall and winter months. Not only are they really stylish but they are super comfortable as well. Throwing on a pair of leggings under that cute summer dress or tunic top makes the perfect fall outfit. You can get leggings in any color or pattern but I suggest you invest in a couple of good black pairs. I own many pairs of leggings and some of them are super colorful with over the top patterns but they only get worn once or twice. My black leggings get worn all the time and I'm constantly having to get new ones. It's okay to splurge on a good pair of these that fit well because trust me when you find that perfect pair you'll never want to take them off. For my example I chose a cute black and red plaid sundress and paired it with black leggings, a black moto jacket, and a pair of moto boots. This outfit reminds me of the 90s grunge look and I love it so much. This is a great outfit to wear to all those awesome fall rock concerts that are coming up ;) I've linked some great pairs of black leggings HERE.


I just recently started wearing scarves and I'm officially hooked. There are so many different ways to play up an outfit with a scarf including wearing it around your neck or tied in your hair to only name a couple. Also, you can get multiple scarves in different colors and wear it with the same shirt or dress for several outfits in one. Personally I love the bold bright colored scarves because they are so fun and give life to any outfit you wear it with. They also serve a purpose by keeping your neck warm when there's a chill in the air. That summer tank that you love so much but would like to wear it a few more times before putting it away, just add a nice scarf and voila you have an instant fall outfit. For my example I chose a gorgeous orange scarf with tassels and paired it with a black tank, skinny jeans, and orange converse sneakers. I love this outfit so much! It would be perfect for a day of shopping or having a casual lunch with friends. I've linked some beautiful scarves HERE for you to check out.


You can't have a fall wardrobe without owning a pair of tan booties. These cute half boots will quickly become your favorite pair of fall shoes and soon you will be wearing them with everything!!! I love neutral colored shoes because there's not much you can't pair them with and they always add a little something extra to any outfit. I currently don't own a pair of these cuties but I will remedy that sad situation as soon as possible. LOL Throw on a pair of these cute boots with that summer dress instead of sandals to keep your toes warm when the temperatures start to fall. You will still look very feminine but you will no longer have cold feet. HAHA For my example I chose an awesome pair of tan booties and paired them with a beautiful floral sundress and a tan cardigan. This is a great outfit for a lunch date with your sweetie. I've linked some wonderful pairs of booties HERE for you.


What's your favorite fall accessory? How do you transition your summer clothes to your fall wardrobe? Which of these items can you not live without? I'd love to hear from you so leave me a comment and let me know what you think. I hope you have an amazing weekend and happy shopping!! 

Goodbye for now...Fashionable Tigress

Be sure to follow along on social media and spread the love by sharing this post with all your friends.
     

10 comments:

  1. I love leggings because they're so versatile! And that orange scarf in your photo is gorgeous. Orange is my favorite color and I'm always looking for cute orange accessories or clothing pieces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leggings are so awesome!!! If you click on the word scarves it will take you to the Polyvore website where you can get the orange scarf in the picture๐Ÿ˜‰ I love orange too. I already asked for orange converse for my birthday๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

      Delete
  2. All of these tips are on point!!! I do all of them, except I have black booties :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks candy ๐Ÿ˜Š I too have black booties lol now I have to go get a tan pair

      Delete
  3. Love this post. Some great look ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my jean jacket! Picked up tan booties last year and I can't wait to wear them. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary๐Ÿ˜Š aren't jean jackets the best?! Ohhhh I'm excited for you. I have yet to get my pair of tan booties lol

      Delete
  5. I particularly liked the last pairing. There's something about dresses and boots that really get me. :)

    annescribblesanddoodles.blogspot.com | Bloglovin' | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne ๐Ÿ˜Š dresses and boots are really cute together❤

      Delete