Thursday, September 8, 2016

My Top 10 Picks Of The Week

Happy Thursday everyone! How are you enjoying this wonderful week so far? I honestly am having a hard time getting back onto my sleep schedule for work after being on vacation, but I'm sure by next week I'll be back to right again. I really enjoyed my vacation but this whole week I've been so exhausted and I can't seem to find any energy. Oh well, a relaxing weekend at home will fix me right up I'm sure and this is my last night of work for the week so my weekend isn't that far away. So, let's get this day started already so I can get to my weekend! Before I head off to do that though, it's Thursday and that means it's time to share with you my top 10 picks of the week. This is one of my favorite posts of the week because not only does it give me an excuse to go shopping but it lets me share my awesome finds with fashionistas who might not have known about them otherwise :) So what store did I shop at this week?


G by Guess
I used to love this store so much and my mom and I would go there and browse through their purses all the time, but it isn't what it used to be and I'm actually a little disappointed. Don't get me wrong, they still have some super cute stuff but the style of their clothing seems to have taken a turn toward urban and I'm not really feeling it. If you are a lover of the urban look then this is definitely the store for you and you will feel right at home. I felt a little out of place while shopping here and it took me forever to find items that I liked, but I finally found the cutest 10 items this store has to offer. Keep in mind that I didn't check the clearance rack so there could possibly be some amazing stuff on there as well. Ok so you're probably ready to see these top 10 picks already right?! Without further ado...here they are: 

The Picks
One big disappointment for me was the lighting in the dressing room. I need a well lit room so I can be sure the color I'm trying on suits my skin tone and to make sure everything looks good. The dressing room here had a light but it wasn't turned on so the only light I had to go by was the light streaming in from the rest of the store. Because of this the pictures turned out horrible and I apologize but for the most part you can still see what they look like. 

This was actually the first item I grabbed upon entering the store. I love blue jean dresses and I wanted to try it on because I actually do have one pair of urban heels that I could've paired with it but I didn't like the way it looked on me. It was cute but too stiff and I have a feeling it might be uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time so I put it back.

I thought this was just a regular blouse at first until I tried it on. It stretches to hit right about mid thigh so I'd classify this as a tunic. It was very comfortable and looked great on me but there was something I wanted more so I put this one back.


I loved this dress on the hanger and it even looked cute on me but I didn't like where the dress was laced up at. It was pulling apart and revealing a lot of skin which I thought made the dress look tacky. If you can pull it off and look sexy then by all means girl work it but it just wasn't for me so back to the rack it went. 


I love the color purple and I thought this tank was so pretty when I saw it on the hanger but when I put it on I felt like I should be wearing a blazer over it so for me this isn't a stand alone tank. It is a dressy tank that you wear to work underneath that jacket or blazer. Since I don't work in an office and therefore don't wear this style very often I had no need of this pretty little tank so I put it back for someone else to love.

I knew when I saw this dress that it was going to look great on me. I love the beautiful floral pattern and the cuffed sleeves as well as the cinched waist and v neck. This dress is the whole package for me and I'm really surprised I found it here of all places. This was of course the dress I took home and I can't wait to wear it and feature it in a future post for you ladies :) 


#6 Orange tank *similar item
The color orange is one of my favorite colors to wear for fall. I thought this tank would look cute with a black blazer and some black dress pants but just like with the purple tank I don't get to wear stuff like this very often so this wasn't a smart buy for me. It's still on the rack at the store waiting for someone to snatch it up. LOL 


I really thought this tee was cute. I love the simplicity of it and I thought it would be a great casual fall outfit but it was a little longer in the back than I anticipated and because of that it threw the whole look off for me. So, back to the rack it went.


This dress was my second choice and had I not given myself a budget for only one item from this store I would've gotten this one as well. This color blue is so pretty and it looked great with my skin tone. The fit was perfect and I love the cold shoulder style right now. Sadly it lost out to the shirt dress but I could always go back and get this one too.


#9 Blue and white striped tee *similar item
One thing I've always loved from Guess is their tees. They are always dolled up with glitter and various prints which makes them super appealing and pleasing to the eye. The only reason I didn't get this particular tee is because I wanted the dress more. I put this tee back but I'm seriously contemplating heading back up there for one. 


These jeans are super cute and I love skinny jeans but I wasn't too crazy about the way they fit me. They fit really well everywhere except the waist. The waist is a little big but the next size down was too small. This is the story of my life!! Oh well, maybe one day I'll fit into a pair.

Aren't these items super cute? Do you shop at G by Guess often? Which item was your favorite and how would you style it? I'd love to hear from you so leave me a comment and let me know what you think. Don't forget to spread the love by sharing this post with all your friends. I hope you have an amazing Thursday and happy shopping :)

Goodbye for now...Fashionable Tigress

Be sure to follow along on social media:
    


8 comments:

  1. LOVE the jeans. I also use to be a huge fan of guess, but not so much anymore. So much of their stuff looks so urban to me and I think my style has geared toward "old lady classic" lmao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on this one. Urban is exactly how I'd describe their new style. I don't really have a style because I like to mix it up but I know I have a few old lady classic outfits in my closet. Lol

      Delete
  2. The denim dress is cute! I used to have one that looked pretty similar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is super cute ๐Ÿ˜Š too bad you don't have it anymore

      Delete
  3. Love the button top :) definitely my style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a gorgeous top and really comfortable. you should totally get it ๐Ÿ˜‰

      Delete