Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Red And Black Plaid Button Up Top

Happy hump day everyone!!! It's Wednesday which means this week is already halfway over. Who's ready for the weekend?? You know I'm always ready for the weekend! LOL. Today is a pretty special day though. Anyone know why? It's my first official outfit post of the fall season that's why. Fall officially begins tomorrow and even though it's still HOT here in Texas I'd like to kick off the fall season with a super cute top I found while out shopping recently that I know you'll love as much as I do. So what is so great about this top and where can you get one for yourself?


The Top
I seriously think I need to take out stock at Walmart, for real!!! Every time I go in that place it seems I come out with a new article of clothing (just wait until you see my new fall boots I got there). I know Walmart isn't very popular with most fashionistas and I completely understand why. Back in the late 90s and early 2000s their clothes weren't anything to write home about and most people would never admit they got anything from there, but times have changed and now they have pretty amazing stuff just like this awesome red and black plaid button up top I found for less than $15. It's time to give Walmart another try ladies! You never know what great deals you'll find! This particular shirt is too adorable. I fell in love with it immediately and I even bought it without trying it on *gasp* but I went a size up then what I normally wear and it fit perfectly. I LOVE plaid for the fall season and red is a great color that looks good on just about everyone so this beauty would make a great addition to your fall wardrobe. Add the super cute lace panel in the back and this top goes from plain to fab! So how did I decide to style this cutie and how can you change it up to fit your own personal style?


My Style
The first thing I thought about when deciding what to wear with this top was my awesome black combat boots. I love boots with these types of tops because I think they look great with them and it's the perfect fall combo. But, the lace panel in the back gives the whole top a slightly dressier look so I decided to wear my super adorable black pointed toe lace up flats that I got at Burke's Outlet instead. Add my new favorite pair of skinny jeans from Abercrombie and Fitch to the mix and I had the perfect fall outfit for the dressy casual look I was going for. Of course you can change it up and wear a cute pair of fall boots or booties instead. In fact, a nice pair of black booties with a black moto jacket would look super cute with this top. If you're not a fan of skinny jeans then boot cut jeans would look lovely as well. Also, this top comes in a variety of colors so you can pick the one you like the best and play around with different shoes to make your own awesome style. I think I might add a cute black scarf and change out the flats for booties the next time I wear this top :) 



Shop This Style: Top / Jeans / Flats *similar


Isn't this top perfect for fall? What is your first official day of fall outfit going to be? How would you style this top differently? I'd love to hear from you so leave me a comment and let me know what you think. Be sure to spread the love and share this post with all your friends who would love this top. I hope you have an amazing hump day and happy shopping :) 

Goodbye for now...Fashionable Tigress

Let's be friends!! Follow along on social media:
     

18 comments:

  1. It's so great you get things from Walmart, so many times fashion bloggers will exclusively promote the top designers, and I just feel like it doesn't matter how much your clothes cost, or what brand name they are, what matters is how you style it/if you look good in it. That shirt is perfect for fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle❤ that's exactly how I feel. I'll shop anywhere as long as the clothing is good quality compared to the price and if their stuff is super cute. There are so many little girls out there looking to these fashion bloggers and thinking they have to have all name brand stuff. I myself shop name brand too but I don't feel like I have to. Looking good shouldn't cost a fortune and someone needs to show these young ladies that you can still look beautiful while wearing non name brand stuff 😊

      Delete
  2. Red is my favorite, and I love plaid so this is perfect. Nice surprise with the back. Perfect shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't red such a great color for fall?! Pair that with a plaid design and it's perfect. I love the back it's what sold me on the top in the first place. Thanks Candace glad you like it ❤

      Delete
  3. I can't wait for all my fall outfits, and I love plaid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! Fall fashion is so amazing this year and plaid is once again the leader πŸ˜‰

      Delete
  4. I love this look! The top is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that top! the Lace is a nice touch. I never thought about Walmart- in fact, I dont think there is really one close to where I live!

    Love those lace up flats too!

    Angie
    http://www.bobodesignstudio.com/blog/2016/9/20/how-not-to-shop-at-target

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie❤ Walmart is great. That's one of the only stores we have in the small town where I live so I'm always in there and inevitability always finding cute clothes. You can always check them out online. They have a nice clothing section among tons of other things to look at πŸ˜‰

      Delete
  6. Love the shoes with the top! I absolutely love plaid tops so this outfit is perfect for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the plaid shirt! Sometimes Walmart has the best clothing choices.

    Alix | www.apintsizedlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks alix. I love their clothing. Cute and affordable❤

      Delete
  8. I am a big fan of plaid! I steal all my husbands old clothes!

    ReplyDelete