Friday, September 2, 2016

How To Wear Workout Leggings Casually

Happy Friday and happy labor day weekend! It's finally September and I don't know about you but I'm looking forward to the cooler weather. Hopefully we start to feel it here in Texas sooner than usual this year. Right now it's still getting up to the 90s outside so I'm still wearing all my cute summer clothes, but I really want to start dressing in all the latest fall fashions. Speaking of fall, do you continue to workout once fall is here? If you said yes, that's so awesome and kudos to you. If you're like me you buy a ton of cute workout clothes in the spring and summer but by fall you have slowed down or stopped working out and now you have these clothes that are just lying around unused. If this is the case I have a solution for you, why not mix your workout gear with your casual wear this fall? You'll be super comfortable while lounging around the house or running errands especially in those cute workout leggings. So, how do you wear workout leggings casually? 


The best way to wear workout leggings casually is to pair them with a casual t-shirt and casual sneakers instead of the tight dry fit workout shirts and running shoes. I love those dry fit shirts myself because they keep me super dry when I sweat but I don't like wearing them in the fall when I want to relax and eat pie. LOL And those running shoes I wore the heck out of all spring and summer, I think I'll retire them and go for a cute pair of converse instead. Converse are by far my favorite brand of casual sneakers and I'd wear them with almost everything if I could. The following are three examples of how to match your favorite workout leggings with some casual items to make super cute and comfortable fall outfits. Adore Me even has a few casual fall comfort workout inspirations on their Motivate Me pinterest page, in case you're looking for added inspiration.


I love these leggings because they are so fun. Bright bold colorful patterns have always grabbed my attention in the store but I'm usually only brave enough to wear them when I'm working out. I mean it's ok to wear wild colored pants to the gym when everyone else is right?! Why not break out of that comfort zone and wear these cuties everywhere for fall? Throw on a cute pink long sleeve shirt and some pink converse sneakers like the ones in the picture and you have an adorable casual fall outfit that you can feel super comfy in. Remember when you have a pattern on the bottom to balance it out by wearing a solid color on top and solid colored shoes. I've linked all these items HERE for you.


Everyone has at least one pair of black workout leggings that they purchased for the spring/summer workout seasons. Black is extremely neutral and goes with almost any color and that's why I always love to have a few pairs myself. Why not spice up those plain boring black leggings with a movie or band tee and some cute converse sneakers?! Suicide squad is still showing in theaters and is an awesome movie so I chose to pair these black leggings with a white and red "daddy's little monster" 3/4 sleeve shirt and a cute pair of red converse sneakers. One great thing about black leggings is the sky is the limit on what you choose to pair them with so go all out and wear something fun. I've linked all these items HERE for you.


I love bold colored leggings in a solid color! A pattern can be hard to match but a solid color is easy because you can wear a patterned top as long as one of the colors matches the leggings or you can wear a solid top of a different color as long as the colors don't clash. When I wear a bright color on the bottom I usually balance it out by wearing a neutral color on top and neutral colored shoes. For my example I chose a super cute black 3/4 sleeve shirt that has my morning mantra on it LOL Then of course I paired that with a matching pair of black converse. I love how wearing all black makes the bold neon pink stand out even more! I've linked all these items HERE for you.


Do you still wear your workout leggings through the fall and winter seasons? How do you make them more casual?  Which one of these three would you wear yourself? I'd love to hear from you so leave me a comment and let me know what you think. I hope you have an awesome labor day weekend and happy shopping :) 

Goodbye for now...Fashionable Tigress

Be sure to follow along on social media and spread the love by sharing this post with all your friends.
    

10 comments:

  1. Ooh I needed these tips. I recently just discovered the wonderful world of leggings and would like to wear more often. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I could help out Sarah 😊 leggings are awesome

      Delete
  2. Love those hot pink leggings with black! So cute!

    Coming Up Roses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erica😊 I love them too. Maybe I should get some πŸ˜‰❤

      Delete
  3. I love your choices and that they're all paired with LONG tops - I don't like when people wear leggings as normal pants with shorter tops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindsay I totally understand that cause I hate that too. I always say leggings are NOT pants.

      Delete
  4. I'm obsessed with leggings all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't "atheleisure" considered super trendy right now anyway? All the girls are wearing workout clothes as regular clothes! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is but not everyone knows about it or exactly how to wear it. It's a simple idea but you'd be surprised how many people get confused on how to style it or make it look good :)

      Delete