Thursday, September 15, 2016

My Top 10 Picks Of The Week

Hey everyone and happy Thursday! It's so hard to believe this week is almost over. Not that I'm complaining of course but it seems like just yesterday the week was starting. Tonight is my last night of work for the week and I can't wait to get this weekend started so I'm going to start this amazing day off right by sharing with you my top 10 picks of the week. Since fall officially begins in exactly one week this will be my last picks of the week for the summer season even though most of the items I chose can transition easily into fall ;) This is a little bittersweet for me since I love summer fashion but the fall season looks very promising with all the awesome prints and styles I'm seeing in all the stores. Next week I'll start revisiting stores that I've featured in the past to see what's new for the fall and winter seasons so be sure to follow along so you don't miss out on all the new amazing deals ;) So, what store did I choose for the last summer edition of my top 10 picks of the week?


American Eagle Outfitters
I haven't shopped at AEO in quite some time and I really don't know why I allowed myself to go so long without stopping by seeing as I always find something amazing here. I'm sure you've shopped here yourself quite a bit in high school and college right?! Well if you're like me and you haven't been in awhile you should definitely give it another try. Every time I walk by this store they are always having amazing sales and I was lucky enough to stumble upon one of these sales the day I went shopping here. The entire store was BOGO 50% off so you can imagine my excitement knowing that I could possibly walk away with more than one thing...which of course I did. LOL So, what did I find that's so amazing this week?

My Picks
I spent over two hours browsing through the racks so I could find the most amazing stuff to share with you and finally I went to the dressing room with the following 10 items...

This dress is so pretty. I love the wrap style and the beautiful bell sleeves make this beauty a must have for any fashionistas wardrobe and a great transition piece for fall. Unfortunately I wasn't thrilled with the way it looked on me and I couldn't seem to get the tie tight enough so back to the rack it went.


I really thought I was going to go home with this dress when I saw it on the hanger because not only do I love this style but I can see some great potential for making this into a fall outfit. I liked the way it fit me and it looked really great on but my dad was shopping with me and he talked me out of it. LOL 


This dress looked amazing on the hanger and it really didn't look all that bad on me with the exception of the extremely low v neck. I don't mind showing off a little cleavage every now and then but this was way too much for me so I put it back. The sleeves and the eyelet detail make this a great buy and would be the perfect transition piece for fall. 


I wanted this shirt really bad but I knew I had to try it on first because I'm not always happy with the way this style fits me. I was very happy with the fit and the color against my skin tone. I love how I can wear it either on or off the shoulders because I'll probably end up going with the first one unless I can find a great strapless bra by the weekend. This beauty comes in different colors as well so you can pick which one works best for you :) 


This blouse is gorgeous and I can picture it with a nice pair of flare leg jeans and platform wedges or boots. I picked this one because ivory is a great color for both summer and fall and the bell sleeve look is really popular for the upcoming season as well. This blouse style is certainly a must have even if you get it in a different color.


While blue jeans are my go to pants all year long, it's nice to have a variety in your closet to keep it from looking dull. I love the neutral color of these pants and the fit is amazing. They have the right amount of stretch for some added breathing room but they aren't so tight that I feel constricted. I had a budget so I didn't end up getting these but I may end up going back for them. 


I love wearing plaid shirts all year long and this one in particular would be a great transition piece for fall. I got this color because it went so well with the pants and i wanted to try them on together but green is one of my favorite colors anyway so it worked out great. Because of my budget, and the fact I wanted something else more, I didn't end up getting this beauty but I'm sure I'll find another plaid blouse somewhere. HAHA 


I love blouses that have embroidery on them. To me it gives the blouse a more handmade look and that makes it somehow okay to spend more for it. LOL This blouse is gorgeous and had it not been for the really low cut top I would've gotten it. But just like the other ivory top, this beauty will be the perfect transition piece for your fall wardrobe. 


This kimono is perfect for layering. The days are just starting to get colder as summer is fading into fall so having a nice thin kimono to wear over those summer tanks would be a great idea. This one is so pretty too. I love the floral design and the sleeves are too cute! Such a great pick for all my fashionistas out there :)


I think it's safe to say that the cold shoulder top is going to be THE top for the fall season. I'm seeing them literally everywhere and I'm loving it! This beauty fits great and is really soft to the touch which makes it so comfy to wear. Also the material is thin so it's great for those of us who still have some more hot days to look forward to. And check out the color! How awesome is that?! Since AEO was having their BOGO sale I was able to get this beauty as well and I can't wait to wear it. 


Aren't these picks great transition pieces for the upcoming fall season? Which one was your favorite? Do you shop at American Eagle Outfitters? If so, what have you purchased recently that you're currently obsessing over? I'd love to hear from you so leave me a comment and let me know what you think. Don't forget to spread the love by sharing this post with all your friends. I hope you have an amazing day and happy shopping :)

Goodbye for now...Fashionable Tigress

Let's be friends. Follow me on social media:


     

5 comments:

  1. I'm getting back into AEO too. They have some really cute items!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love that floral wrap dress and the peasant dress! Such cute stuff at American Eagle. I always liked it better than Hollister and Abercrombie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love all these items! They look perfect for transitioning into fall... Now I want to go shopping! I haven't been into AEO since high school haha!

    ReplyDelete