Friday, February 26, 2016

5 Must Have Items For Spring 2016

With the warmer than normal weather we have been experiencing this year I think it’s safe to say spring has officially arrived! Well it has for most of the southern states anyway. For my friends up north, just a few more weeks and you should feel the warm up as well. So, have you been spring shopping yet? I have purchased a few things already myself and plan to start wearing these items the first weekend of March. This year there are a lot of new trends hitting the stores for the spring season along with some old school fashion that is making a comeback. And of course there are always the “normal” spring items that come out every year. There are so many new styles and types of clothing to talk about that it will take me several posts to get to them all so bear with me. For now I’m going to keep it simple so I’ve picked 5 items that are hot for spring and are must haves for every woman’s wardrobe. 
  

#1: The Floral Dress
The floral dress has and always will be a must have for spring and this year is no different. There’s something about the warmth in the air and seeing all the beautiful flowers in bloom that makes a woman want to wear them on her so she can have flowers all day long. No matter what floral pattern you decide to go with you will look spring ready and always in style in a gorgeous floral dress. You can wear this dress practically anywhere. Got a hot date? Going out with friends? Strolling through town doing some shopping? The floral dress works perfectly in all these situations. It’s also perfect for Easter Sunday but I’ll get more into depth with what to wear for Easter on a later post. For my example I chose a beautiful floral bird patterned dress in grey which is a great color for spring. I paired the dress with cute nude strappy heels and a matching purse. For added effect I chose a blue watch and some glitter nail polish and a nude eyeshadow palette. To recreate this look:
Dress: Tedbaker.com
Shoes: Newlook.com
Purse: Forwardbyelysewalker.com
Watch: Amara.com
Nail polish: Etsy.com
Makeup: Hottopic.com


#2: The Gladiator Sandals
Who doesn’t love a comfortable and stylish pair of sandals? Sandals are a must have for the spring and summer seasons! The gladiator sandal has been out for a few years now but it doesn’t look as if it’s going away any time soon. It’s on the list as one of this season’s hottest items because of how comfortable and versatile it is. You can wear these sandals with almost anything including dresses, jeans, shorts, skirts, and swim wear. If you don’t already have a pair of these you simply must go out and get a pair as soon as you can. For my example I chose a tan pair of gladiator sandals because it’s a neutral color so you will get more wear out of them if you choose to splurge. I paired the sandals with some distressed denim shorts and a super feminine floral top for that added spring effect along with a tan leather cross body purse. This is the perfect outfit for hanging out with friends or that walk through the park with your significant other. To recreate this look:
Shoes: Stylebop.com
Shorts: Boutique1.com
Shirt: Beautifulhalo.com
Purse: Kirnazabete.com


#3: The Super Flared Leg Jeans
In the 1970s flared leg and bell bottom jeans were all the rage. They had a brief comeback in the late 90s early 2000s but then it was all about the skinny jeans. Don’t get me wrong skinny jeans are still popular and they are by far my favorite type of jean to wear, but those super cute super flared leg jeans are making a major comeback for the 2016 spring season. My only issue with these jeans is that I’m a petite woman so most stores don’t have these in my length so if I buy a pair I have the headache of finding a tailor to fix them for me. I love clothes I can wear straight off the rack, but for these cuties I may just have to suck it up this year and buy at least one pair. As a side note there is a new style of flared leg- jeans and those are the capri length flares. While this style would fit me perfectly in the length and probably look more like pants than capris seeing as I’m really short, I don’t particularly care for this one so this is one style I will steer clear of. For my example I chose a cute pair of high-waisted flare leg jeans in a medium blue rinse. I paired them with a gorgeous black and coral floral blouse, black lace-up chunk heeled booties, and a black cross body purse. This is the perfect outfit for that date night you have coming up since it may still be slightly cool at night. To recreate this outfit:
Jeans: houseoffraser.com
Blouse: Choies.com
Shoes: Silkfred.com
Purse: Belk.com


#4: The Color Orange
The color orange is hated on a lot! I honestly don’t know why because it’s a beautiful color and it goes with many different skin tones. It may be a little too bold for some of you, but if you don’t mind all the extra attention you will get from wearing this color then by all means girl rock it! When you think of orange you usually think of fall, but it depends on the shade of orange you go with. For the spring season the bold bright shade of orange is the way to go. There’s just something about this shade that makes me think of a beautiful sunset and spring weather. I personally don’t own anything in this shade but I plan to remedy that as soon as I can get to the store. If you’re really dead set against orange then any bold color will do. Bright pink or yellow will be great too. For my example I chose the cutest asymmetrical orange top and paired it with distressed skinny jeans, orange fringe open-toed booties, an orange and black color block purse, an orange bracelet, and orange flower stud earrings. This is the perfect outfit for a night on the town with your girlfriends. To recreate this look:
Shirt: Yoox.com
Jeans: Nordstrom.com
Shoes: Shop-hers.com
Purse: Harrods.com
Bracelet: Saksfifthavenue.com
Earrings: 1stdibs.com


#5: The Color Block Purse
I remember back in the 80s when color blocking was huge. Everything from bags to clothes were color blocked and I loved it! This style has had a few comebacks throughout the years but it has never stayed around too long. I’m so happy to see this trend coming back into style and hopefully this time it will stick around for a while. The trick to wearing this style is to only have one item that is color blocked and match everything else you’re wearing with one of the colors. For instance, if you are wearing a purse that is color blocked with blue and pink then you would want to accentuate one of the colors but not both and by all means don’t wear a dress with it that is also color blocked as it will make the whole outfit look like a hot mess. For my example I chose a gorgeous pink, blue, cream, yellow, and black color blocked purse from Kurt Geiger. I paired it with a plain blue shirt dress to highlight the blue in the purse and a nude pair of heels to pull the whole outfit together. This is the perfect outfit for a day of shopping or having lunch with friends. To recreate this look:
Purse: Kurtgeiger.com
Dress: Houseoffraser.com
Shoes: Rupertsanderson.com


If you weren’t excited at the thought of spring shopping I sure hope you are now! There are so many other new hot items that I can’t wait to talk about but for now these are a great start. Just remember that no matter what styles come and go you always have to stay true to yourself. Don’t just wear the newest thing because it’s popular. Only wear something you love and that looks great on you. I hope you have an awesome weekend and as always I love feedback so leave me a comment or send me an email directly at fashionabletigress@gmail.com. You can also follow me on Instagram at www.instagram.com/fashioabletigress and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/tigressfashion I also have a Facebook page: Fashionable Tigress.
Goodbye for now…fashionable tigress








No comments:

Post a Comment